Last updated on December 2020
In the course of its commercial activities, Jobster ordinarily collects, uses and discloses personal information to facilitate connecting job seekers and employers. Jobster may use online services to help connect job seekers and employers, and may disclose information that identifies its candidates and employees to such service providers for this purpose.
- Protection of Personal Information
- What Information Do We Collect
- Use of Information by Jobster
- Retention of Information
- Your Consent
- Disclosure of Information
Protection of Personal Information
- Canadian law governs the collection, use and disclosure of personal information in a manner that recognizes individuals' right of privacy with respect to their personal information.
- The federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA") sets out rules and principles for the management of personal information by commercial organizations. Jobster services are made available to employers and job seekers across Canada. PIPEDA applies to Jobster because it is an organization headquartered in Ontario, Canada.
- PIPEDA provides certain fundamental principles which apply to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information. One of the most significant is that your personal information generally cannot be collected, used or disclosed without your consent. It also allows you to find out why your personal information is being collected, how it is being used, where it's being stored and to whom it's disclosed. It requires the use of appropriate safeguards to secure your personal information. It also grants you access to your personal information and provides mechanisms for ensuring compliance.
- Jobster does not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent except where required or allowed by law.
- Jobster requests certain information from you that includes all information listed in the client registration form and information that you upload, including your resume.
- If you are a registered client of the site you may elect to post your resume to the site. The extent of the information that is collected when you post a Resume depends on what you choose to place in your Resume. At a minimum, if you post a Resume, Jobster will require that you provide your full name, postal code, phone number and email address. Your Resume may contain additional information such as your experience, education, skills or any other information about yourself that you decide to provide.
- You can visit this site without telling us who you are and without providing Jobster with any information about yourself. However, certain anonymous information ("Anonymous Information") may be collected by us automatically. Our Web server may collect the IP address and the name of the Internet service provider ("ISP") associated with the computer from which you accessed this site, the type and version of Web browser and operating system that you are using, and the address of the Web site that you visited prior to this site. If your Web browser is configured to accept cookies, we may place either temporary cookies (only until you exit your current browser window) or permanent cookies (until you manually disable or delete the cookie using your browser software) on your computer. A "cookie" is a small piece of information that our Web server automatically sends to your browser for storage on your computer, which then permits our Web server to recall information about your preferences as a part of the Anonymous Information. Please note that portions of this site will not function if you do not accept cookies.
- With the exception of the Anonymous Information described above, you will always know when we are collecting information from you and therefore have the opportunity not to provide the information.
- We do not knowingly solicit information from children and we do not knowingly market our services to minors.
What Information do we Collect
Registration Information is collected primarily for the purpose of identifying you as a user of Jobster and its affiliates.
- User Information, which generally includes the Registration Information, is used primarily to provide you with services that you have requested.
- User Information may also be used to determine appropriate new features, content or services for this site, to permit Jobster to contact you in a more specific and focused manner depending the content of your User Information, or to provide business partners with aggregate but not personally identifiable information about our customers and their preferences.
- If you are a registered client of Jobster and have provided us with Registration Information, we may use your Registration Information and User Information to provide tailored job opportunities or other information to you.
- Anonymous Information is used primarily by us and our business partners to measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics about visitors to this site. We may also use this data to monitor site performance for systems administration purposes, to make this site easier and more convenient to use, for law enforcement purposes, and to report information in aggregate but not personally identifiable form to our advertisers (e.g. how many visitors log in to this site).
- If cookies are enabled for your Internet browser, then they are used to help us measure the number of visits, average time spent, page views, and other statistics relating to your use of this site. If you are performing a search on our site, then a cookie is used to carry the search request data from the request page to the results page. This cookie, by itself, does not tell us your email address or who you are.
- Resumes are accessed by career consultants, engagement managers, and business partners and other registered clients of the Jobster Resume database.
- Jobster makes every effort through contractual means and through the use of user IDs and passwords to restrict those who have access to our Resume database from using Resumes other than for the purpose of fulfilling a job posting. However, Jobster cannot guarantee that all career consultants, engagement managers, and other persons with access will adhere to the limitations that we impose on them, or that unauthorized persons will not gain access to the database. If at any time you would like your Resume removed from our database, you may do so by contacting us by phone or by email to email@example.com. However, career consultants, engagement managers and other business partners who have been granted access to the resume database or for whose job posting you may have applied, may already have retained a copy of your Resume in their own systems and databases.
Communication with Jobster
If you contact us, we may keep a record of the correspondence but we do not make any use of the email address or other contact information, other than to respond to the communication.
Use of Information by Jobster
Improper Use of Personal Information
Retention of Information
- You may choose to delete your Resume from our records at any time. We also delete Resumes from our records in accordance with internally developed experience criteria based upon when your Resume was created, last edited or last used to apply for a job posting, as well as your use of your account. Certain Registration Information regarding your account with us will normally be retained such as your name, email address and postal code should you wish to post a Resume or access our services subsequently.
- JWe maintain record retention practices and policies which apply to personal information that is no longer necessary or relevant for the identified purposes, or that is no longer required or permitted by law to be retained.
We do not collect, use or disclose your personal information without your consent except where required or permitted by law.
We may, for example, collect, use or disclose personal information without your knowledge or consent in the case of an emergency where the life, health or security of an individual is threatened.
We may also disclose personal information without knowledge or consent to a lawyer or other advisor representing Jobster, to collect a debt, to comply with a subpoena, warrant or other court order or rules, is required for the investigation or enforcement of laws, or as may otherwise be required or authorized by law. Where a request for personal information is made by an organization claiming lawful authority for the request, Jobster will take reasonable steps to ensure that the requesting party properly identifies its legal authority.
If you withdraw your consent to the disclosure of personal information that you have previously authorized us to share with others, such as your Resume, you should know that career consultants, engagement managers, business partners and others who have been granted access to the Resume database or for whose job posting you may have applied, may already have retained a copy of your Resume or such personal information in their own systems and databases.
Disclosure of Information
- Jobster uses third party service providers to process certain data, including resumes for resume database search functionality. Third party service providers are required to comply with privacy laws and principles comparable to ours.
- Where Jobster considers it appropriate, having due regard to the sensitivity of the particular information that we collect, use or disclose, Jobster uses encryption or authentication tools, among other methods, practices and procedures, to protect certain your personal information irrespective of which format it is stored in. Our practices and procedures for safeguarding your information are regularly reviewed.
- E-mails you send to us are not necessarily secure when they are transmitted to us. If your communication is sensitive or includes confidential information, such as a credit card number, you may want to provide it by post or via the telephone instead.
- It is important that you keep your User ID and password information secure and that you not share it with anyone, in order to safeguard your personal information on our Site.
- There are occasionally fraudulent "phishing" emails targeting individuals who the perpetrators believe might be registered clients of this site. We never send an email which requests users to visit a Web page or place a call and provide their user ID, password or any personal information. We will never ask you to confirm your user ID or password via email. If you ever receive such an email, do not log in from any referred link and do not provide any personal information.
- We work to protect the security of credit card information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. We do not reveal credit card numbers when confirming an order.